Source: PULSE MIX
Accra, 10th January 2024 – International tech company Yango has organized the maiden edition of the Yango Digital Mobility Awards (YDMA2023) to celebrate its cherished partners, partner drivers, users and allied service providers in a plush dinner event held at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra on Friday, 22nd December 2023.
Yango Awards top partners, drivers and riders at the maiden edition of the Digital Mobility Awards
Some top drivers, partners, riders and key stakeholders were recognized and honoured for their dedication and commitment that has pushed the growth and expansion of the business since its entry onto the Ghana market barely four years ago.
General Manager for Yango Ghana, Tom Ofonime, told attendees that the awards event was the company’s way of rewarding the hard work of its partners and stakeholders in a rather tough business year.
“It’s been a very demanding year and we believe that this was the right time for us to appreciate our partners, drivers and riders for their tireless service in a not-so-convenient and challenging business year,” he indicated.
Despite the tight business environment, Ofonime highlighted that the operations of Yango continue to make a significant impact in the lives of its stakeholders, especially its partner drivers, 60 percent of whom are married and with family.
He noted: “Yango is more than a player in the ride-hailing industry; we are making a real impact. So far, we’ve created more than 2,000 direct and indirect jobs, sustained more than 8,000 families and helped to complete millions of rides for both individuals to small and medium enterprises in Ghana.”
Mr. Felix Agbolosu, who has been driving with Yango for a year, was adjudged the “Driver of the Year”. He drove home a brand new Suzuki Sport, which was one of the ultimate prizes on the night.
“I’m very happy to win this car and I call on all drivers to use Yango because it’s the best and most rewarding ride-hailing service. If you’re driving with Yango and you’re not lazy, just concentrate and work hard and you’ll make more money to support yourself and the family,” he said.
Another big winner for the night, Mr. Festus Nii Adjei Kraku, CEO of XChoded Business Solutions who was adjudged the Partner of the year, expressed gratitude to Yango for recognizing and rewarding his contribution to their operations in Ghana whilst acknowledging the support and training that have led to the growth of his business. He swept home 7 awards on the night.
“I have to say that I’m very honored to receive all these awards because the year has been very challenging, and I dedicate them to our loyal drivers who are out there doing a good job. I must also commend Yango for the support and technical training that they offer to its partner agencies, we truly appreciate their assistance” he noted.
Sarah Afua Afful, who emerged as one of three top riders on the Yango app, also shared her experience: “Riding with Yango is the best in terms of affordability, comfort and everything; so, I’ll urge everybody to pick Yango and I’m so grateful for this award.”
Below is a full list of award winners:
- Yango partner driver of the year (winner) – Felix Agbolosu
- Yango partner driver of the year (1st runner up) – Francis Nkrumah
- Yango partner driver of the year (2nd runner up) – Evans Kwabena Lawson
- Partner of the year – Xchoded Business Solutions
- Timeless Partner of the Year – The Truth Water
- Rider of the year 1 – Chief Ansere- Asare
- Rider of the year 2 – Grace Yeboah
- Rider of the year 3 – Sarah Afua Sackey
- Rider of the year 4 – Victoria Sackey
- Fastest Growing Partner – Gigmile Technologies Limited
- Best In Driver Acquisition – Xcoded Business Solutions
- Supply Hours Per Active Partner Driver – Joe Gardening Ventures
- Most Active Partner Drivers – Xcoded Business Solutions
- Yango Delivery Partner Of the Year – FH Express
- Yango Delivery Partner of the Year (1st Runner-up) – Vartek
- Yango Delivery Partner of the Year (2nd Runner-up) – Luzhaven
- Most Fleet Cars (Local) – Xcoded Business Solutions
- Most Fleet Cars (International) – Wheely’s Fleet
- Highest Branded Share – Jisaljoh Enterprise
- Highest Completed trips – Xcoded Business Solutions
- Honorary Award 1 – Mrs Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
- Honorary Award 2 – Dr. Osei Kwame Despite
- Honorary Award 3 – George Akomeah
Yango is an international tech company that transforms global sourced technologies into everyday services for local enrichment. With an unwavering commitment to innovation, we reshape and enhance leading cutting-edge technologies from around the world into seamlessly integrated daily services for diverse regions.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between leading world innovations and local communities, fostering connections and enhancing everyday living experiences..
Yango, provides through its superapp and ride-hailing services across 20+ countries in Africa, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. Yango’s multilingual app is available for free on Android and iOS.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org